We are looking for a talented caseworker to join our team in the constituency office of Mike Gapes MP.
Closing Date: 27 October 2017
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Mike Gapes MP (Ilford South)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
5 days (Mon-Fri)/37.5 hours a week. Flexi-time is available by prior arrangement. There will be a 6 month probationary period.
Key Tasks: To work with other staff to help constituents and to ensure the smooth running of the busy Constituency Office.
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
- Dealing with and monitoring incoming telephone calls and visitor enquiries at the constituency office, responding to emails and letters, opening and dispatching mail, efficient data and file management.
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Drafting responses to constituents and using caseworker.
- Logging all cases, monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken.
- Undertaking photocopying, scanning and formatting of documents.
- Ensure office records are kept and an efficient filing system is in place and up to date.
- Other duties as and when required by the Office Manager - assisting with the work of other colleagues in constituency and House of Commons and communicating appropriately with internal and external contacts.
- Adhere to the Data Protection Act principles and respect the confidentiality of data at all times.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience of working in a political environment or the third sector.
- Experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Competent use of IT and the ability to adapt quickly to new software.
- Relevant experience of handling casework or working in a customer service environment.
- Understanding of, and sympathy with, the aims and goals of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 October 2017
Interviews will be held in Ilford soon after the closing date. The job is to commence as soon as possible after interview.
Please send CV (max two sides of A4) and covering letter (max one side) setting out why you'd like the post and how your experience matches the job description and person specification to email@example.com. Please include contact details (inc tel no) for two people (inc current or most recent employer) who can provide a reference, these will not be taken up until after interview.
For further information contact Sam Gould by email or on 0208 911 0899. Due to high numbers of applicants we are unable to offer feedback.