The General Election has come at last.
The Tories and their Liberal Democrat partners have shown whose side thy are on, by giving tax breaks to millionaires at a time when working people are £1,600 a year worse off and facing a crippling cost of living crisis.
On 7 May we can change course and elect a Labour government which will work in the interests of the whole nation, for the many not the few.
I have been proud to represent our vibrant, diverse Ilford South community since 1992. I hope you will re-elect me as your MP, so I can continue to serve Ilford South as your local man with a national and international voice. I will continue the fight for a fairer Britain and a better world.
- Mike Gapes
My pledges to you:
- To campaign to save Accident and Emergency at King George Hospital, and to improve other local NHS services.
- To continue to support Crossrail; and to campaign for further investment in public transport in Ilford and across London.
- To work to raise the National Minimum Wage with greater job security.
- To speak out on international issues, development and climate change; and for Britain to play a more positive role in the European Union.
- To promote British values of democracy, equality, human rights and respect, and to oppose those who seek to divide us.